I was elected the president of the Community Service Public Relations Council (CSPRC) in St. Louis last month. I learned the fundamentals of the position from watching some great individual leaders of the organization during the past few years–Dennis O’Brien, Bev Pfeifer-Harms, and Deb Cottin.
I’ve never been a member of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) in St. Louis. I attend many of their luncheons as a guest and learned a great deal from presentations.
CSPRC has a special place in my heart because of its mission to assist charitable, nonprofit and community service agencies. These organizations do outstanding work and have a great story to tell. But these organizations often struggle in communicating their story, mission and vision. When you can’t tell your story effectively, you can’t raise funds, serve more clients, recruit more and better volunteers, or recognize the accomplishments of individuals or teams within the organization.
I’m honored to lead CSPRC’s board of directors. They possess an incredible amount of experience in a wide range of agencies. They’re enthusiastic about helping CSPRC’s members continue learning about best methods and practices.
You’re invited to join us on Tuesday, July 14, 2009, for our annual round-table discussions. topics will include:
- “Overcoming the Leadership Gap with the Young Non-Profit Professional’s Network (YNPN)” with Mallory Rusch, PR & Marketing Director, Center for Women in Transition
- “Effective Fundraising and Membership Campaigns for Non-Profits” with Charles Colley, Director, a5 St. Louis
- “Lead Times for Media”
- “Writing for Electronic Viewing”
- “Using Social Media Efficiently” with Debra Kokorudz, Marketing Coordinator, Missouri History Museum
- “Your Event from A-Z” with Laura Musbach-Drake, Owner, Splendor Event Services
- “How Intranets Can Help Non-Profits” with Bob Davidson, Director of PR & Marketing, SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center
- “How to Market Your Skills in a Down Economy” with Laurie Gunning, Career Coach, SSP Search Solutions
Registration: 11:30 a.m. to noon
Lunch and Networking: Noon to 1:15 p.m.
Fees: Members: $25; Non-Members: $35; Students: $20
Location: Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel, 7730 Bonhomme Ave., St. Louis, MO 63105